Applications may be submitted by filling out and submitting the form below.
The Theatre's primary goal when recruiting new employees is to fill vacancies with persons who have the best available skills, abilities or experience needed to perform the work.
While some positions may be posted and filled through outside agencies or job boards, Riverside Theatre accepts job applications on an ongoing basis. Throughout the year, the seasonal positions may become available in the following areas:
Bartenders.... Servers.... Ticket Sales.... Concessions.... House Managers.... Facility-Janitorial-Maintenance
For our season (October-May) Backstage Crew Members & Follow Spot Operators are needed.
For our youth and adult Theatre and Dance classes.
Riverside Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity will be extended to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other status protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
positions currently available:
This position is interchangeable, depending on the need of the event. Shifts available days, nights and weekends. Pay $10 per hour plus tips. Only Experienced Bartenders/Servers need apply. Interested candidates should use the application form below using the subject line of "Bartender/Server" position.
Box Office / Customer Service Personnel (Hourly-part-time)
Box Office personnel beginning this summer and continuing throughout the Season. The Box Office is responsible for making patrons & prospective patrons feel welcomed and excited about their Riverside Theatre experience while maximizing revenue from the sale of tickets
- Sell tickets via phone and in person for productions at Riverside Theatre
- Collect Audience data from ticket sales for marketing purposes
- Participate in marketing initiatives and promotions
- Communicate with Season Subscriber’s about renewals
- Provide the Best Possible Patron Experience
- In a cheerful manner help generate excitement about RT productions to patrons & prospective patrons
- Communicate general organizational information, production details and neighborhood destinations of interest to patrons
- Attend productions early in the run to effectively promote plays to audiences
- Follow RT’s customer care policy and maintain high standards of customer care
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and qualities:
- Enjoys speaking with people from all different backgrounds
- Available to work evening and weekend shifts
- A genuine interest in the arts
- Excellent communication skills
- Honest and reliable
- Able to self-manage
- Previous experience with database or customer service programs
- Able to work efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Cash handling and reconciling experience
- Ability to remain calm while working under pressure
- Experience with ticketing software and Patron’s Edge a plus – (Riverside Theatre does provide software training)
- Basic knowledge of Excel a plus
Pay starting at $10 per hour – days are variable and include some nights, and some weekends. Interested candidates should use the application form below using the subject line of "Box Office" position.
House Manager (Hourly-part-time)
The House Manager is considered the host of the show, making sure everything at the front of the Theatre runs smoothly from the audience's perspective. The House Manager serves as the face and voice of the Theatre and works closely with the house crew to ensure that everyone follows the rules and has a good time.
- Coordinate house crew. House managers are responsible for overseeing the ushers.
- Man the doors. An effective house manager ensures theater doors are open and closed at appropriate times. Close the doors when the curtain goes up, and be aware of the late arrival policy for audience members. Open the doors at the start of intermission and after the performance has ended. Also make sure the lobby lights are turned up and down to correspond with the opening of the doors.
- Show audience members to their seats. House managers often assist ushers in helping guests find their seats. They also make sure audience members are comfortable and provide special assistance to disabled guests.
- Clean house. House managers need to make sure the theater is neat and tidy, both before the house opens for audience members and at the conclusion of each performance.
- Wait in the back. An effective house manager should remain at the back of the theater or in the lobby throughout the performance, ready to deal with any issues that arise. This could include ringing phones, late-arriving guests, broken seats or a variety of other situations.
- Know the show. Attend performances and know how the performance will flow. This will aid an effective house manager in knowing appropriate times to permit entrance and exits.
Pay $12 per hour – days are variable and include some nights, and some weekends.
Summer hours will be Friday and Saturday Evenings 5-12 with occasional matinees through the summer. Interested candidates should use the application form below using the subject line of "House Manager" position.