Applications may be submitted by filling out and submitting the form below.
The Theatre's primary goal when recruiting new employees is to fill vacancies with persons who have the best available skills, abilities or experience needed to perform the work.
While some positions may be posted and filled through outside agencies or job boards, Riverside Theatre accepts job applications on an ongoing basis. Throughout the year, the seasonal positions may become available in the following areas:
Bartenders.... Servers.... Ticket Sales.... Concessions.... House Managers.... Facility-Janitorial-Maintenance
For our season (October-May) Backstage Crew Members & Follow Spot Operators are needed.
For our youth and adult Theatre and Dance classes.
Riverside Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity will be extended to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other status protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
positions currently available
Deck Carpenter/entry-level - Production Department
This is a seasonal position with a flexible start date of Aug. 21, 2017 through May 5, 2018 with a competitive, entry-level salary, and housing provided. The ideal candidate should possess a background working in professional or academic theatre, a demonstrated competence in carpentry and rigging techniques, the physical capability to lift 50 pounds, and the ability to operate a fly system. The position also serves as run crew for many Riverside Theatre productions. Interested candidates should use the application form below using the subject line of "Deck Carpenter" position.
Scenic Carpenter - Production Department
Seeking a qualified individual. Riverside Theatre produces 5 main stage shows in our 692 seat Proscenium theatre and 2 shows in our 250 seat Black Box theatre each season. This is a full-time seasonal position with a competitive salary and housing provided. Flexible contract dates are September 1, 2017 through May 5, 2018. The ideal candidate should possess a strong theatrical carpentry background with 3 + years of experience as a scenic carpenter. The Scenic Carpenter, under direction of the Technical Director, is expected to function in a fast-paced and detail-critical environment to build scenic elements from construction drawings, load-in and strike shows, and collaborate with various departments on other projects assigned to them. This position will be evaluated at the end of the season for permanent, full-time employee status with benefits.
- 3 + years of scenic carpentry experience
- Working knowledge and experience with standard scene shop tools and equipment
- Demonstrated skills of scenic carpentry with wood, steel and aluminum a plus
- Ability to work at height via ladders and lifts
- Ability to regularly lift 50 lbs. or more
- Ability to effectively communicate with the Production Team
- Ability to read and build from construction drawings
- Knowledge of and dedication to safe working practices
- Strong attention to detail, proactive monitoring and participation in processes
- Possess strong critical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under time constraints while maintaining a productive attitude
Interested candidates should use the application form below using the subject line of "Scenic Carpenter" position.
Dance Instructors - Education Department
Riverside Theatre Education is seeking qualified dance instructors for the 2017-2018 school year. The company is looking for instructors to teach introductory through advanced levels of Tap and Jazz technique. Additional opportunities to teach all styles of dance, as part of our adult education program are available. Interested candidates should use the application form below using the subject line of "Dance Instructor" position.
Accounts Receivable & Cash Receipts Part-time Position
Riverside Theatre is looking for a part-time Accounting Specialist with an emphasis on Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts. The ideal candidate will have over 4 years’ experience in accounting and must be very proficient at debits and credits. They will provide timely and accurate financial information to the company’s CFO, and Director of Development.
- Keep track and process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivable data
- Prepare invoices and bank deposits, including check scanning
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger on a monthly basis to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Verify discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Generate statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Receive and account for cash transactions
- Respond to inquiries and research accounting transactions to resolve discrepancies
- Perform related responsibilities as required
- Minimum of 4 years’ accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Proven, solid Excel skills and exposure to accounting software
- Performance of accurate mathematical equations
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
20 – 25 hours per week to start. Pay commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should use the application form below using the subject line of "Accounts Receivable" position.
Box Office / Customer Service Personnel (Hourly-part-time)
Box Office personnel beginning this summer and continuing throughout the Season. The Box Office is responsible for making patrons & prospective patrons feel welcomed and excited about their Riverside Theatre experience while maximizing revenue from the sale of tickets
- Sell tickets via phone and in person for productions at Riverside Theatre
- Collect Audience data from ticket sales for marketing purposes
- Participate in marketing initiatives and promotions
- Communicate with Season Subscriber’s about renewals
- Provide the Best Possible Patron Experience
- In a cheerful manner help generate excitement about RT productions to patrons & prospective patrons
- Communicate general organizational information, production details and neighborhood destinations of interest to patrons
- Attend productions early in the run to effectively promote plays to audiences
- Follow RT’s customer care policy and maintain high standards of customer care
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and qualities:
- Enjoys speaking with people from all different backgrounds
- Available to work evening and weekend shifts
- A genuine interest in the arts
- Excellent communication skills
- Honest and reliable
- Able to self-manage
- Previous experience with database or customer service programs
- Able to work efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Cash handling and reconciling experience
- Ability to remain calm while working under pressure
- Experience with ticketing software and Patron’s Edge a plus – (Riverside Theatre does provide software training)
- Basic knowledge of Excel a plus
Pay starting at $10 per hour – days are variable and include some nights, and some weekends. Interested candidates should use the application form below using the subject line of "Box Office" position.