Applications may be submitted by filling out and submitting the form below.
The Theatre's primary goal when recruiting new employees is to fill vacancies with persons who have the best available skills, abilities or experience needed to perform the work.
While some positions may be posted and filled through outside agencies or job boards, Riverside Theatre accepts job applications on an ongoing basis. Throughout the year, the seasonal positions may become available in the following areas:
Bartenders.... Servers.... Ticket Sales.... Concessions.... House Managers.... Facility-Janitorial-Maintenance
For our season (October-May) Backstage Crew Members & Follow Spot Operators are needed.
For our youth and adult Theatre and Dance classes.
Riverside Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity will be extended to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other status protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
positions currently available:
This position is interchangeable, depending on the need of the event. Shifts available days, nights and weekends. Pay $10 per hour plus tips. Only Experienced Bartenders/Servers need apply. Interested candidates should use the application form below using the subject line of "Bartender/Server" position.
Deck Carpenter/entry-level - Production Department
This is a seasonal position with a flexible start date of Aug. 21, 2017 through May 5, 2018 with a competitive, entry-level salary, and housing provided. The ideal candidate should possess a background working in professional or academic theatre, a demonstrated competence in carpentry and rigging techniques, the physical capability to lift 50 pounds, and the ability to operate a fly system. The position also serves as run crew for many Riverside Theatre productions. Interested candidates should use the application form below using the subject line of "Deck Carpenter" position.
Dance Instructors - Education Department
Riverside Theatre Education is seeking qualified dance instructors for the 2017-2018 school year. The company is looking for instructors to teach introductory through advanced levels of Tap and Jazz technique. Additional opportunities to teach all styles of dance, as part of our adult education program are available. Interested candidates should use the application form below using the subject line of "Dance Instructor" position.
Box Office / Customer Service Personnel (Hourly-part-time)
Box Office personnel beginning this summer and continuing throughout the Season. The Box Office is responsible for making patrons & prospective patrons feel welcomed and excited about their Riverside Theatre experience while maximizing revenue from the sale of tickets
- Sell tickets via phone and in person for productions at Riverside Theatre
- Collect Audience data from ticket sales for marketing purposes
- Participate in marketing initiatives and promotions
- Communicate with Season Subscriber’s about renewals
- Provide the Best Possible Patron Experience
- In a cheerful manner help generate excitement about RT productions to patrons & prospective patrons
- Communicate general organizational information, production details and neighborhood destinations of interest to patrons
- Attend productions early in the run to effectively promote plays to audiences
- Follow RT’s customer care policy and maintain high standards of customer care
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and qualities:
- Enjoys speaking with people from all different backgrounds
- Available to work evening and weekend shifts
- A genuine interest in the arts
- Excellent communication skills
- Honest and reliable
- Able to self-manage
- Previous experience with database or customer service programs
- Able to work efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Cash handling and reconciling experience
- Ability to remain calm while working under pressure
- Experience with ticketing software and Patron’s Edge a plus – (Riverside Theatre does provide software training)
- Basic knowledge of Excel a plus
Pay starting at $10 per hour – days are variable and include some nights, and some weekends. Interested candidates should use the application form below using the subject line of "Box Office" position.